Create a Cloud Instance in Vultr
To create a server in Vultr, follow the below given steps. If you want to learn How to use Vultr to manage your infrastructure in Vultr, You can refer our Vultr cloud guide.
Step 1: Go to Instance Creation Page
Vultr provides lots of different types of cloud instances. From the server creation page, you can create lots of different types of cloud instances, like Regular VMs, Dedicated, Bare Metal, Cloud GPUs and some managed services.
To access the server creation page, log in to your Vultr account and click on the Deploy New Server option from the + button given on the dashboard.
Step 2: Choose Server
You can create 4 different types of cloud instances. They are Optimised cloud compute, Cloud compute, Cloud GPU and Bare Metal. Select the one that fits your requirements.
Step 3: Choose Server Type
Based on your selection of the server in the second step, You will have to select a specific type of server. If you have selected Optimised cloud compute instance, You will see options like the following image.
Step 4: Select Server Location
Location is very important option. Make sure to select a server location closest to your major traffic source demographically. You can select locations in 5 different continents.
Step 5: Select Server Image
In simple terms, Server image is an operating system running on the server. So here, You have to select an OS for your server.
If you are managing your servers with ServerAvatar, Select Ubuntu 20.04 or Ubuntu 22.04.
Step 6: Select Server Size
Here, Select a server size according to your requirements. If you are just getting started with the project, You can start small and then upgrade according to the future requirements.
Step 7: Add Auto Backups and Additional Features
We recommend you to enable auto backups for important websites or apps. If you are creating a temporary server, You can skip the auto backups.
In additional features, You can enable DDOS Protection if needed. Enable other options according to your requirements.
Do not enable "No Public IPv4 Address" option. It will result in a server without IPv4, which is not possible to connect with ServerAvatar.
Step 8: Select an SSH Key
If you use SSH key to authenticate with the server, Select an SSH key in this section. If you haven't uploaded your key yet, You can do it by clicking on the Add New option.
SSH key is not mandatory. If you do not use SSH keys, Ignore this option. You can still connect with server using password.
Step 9: Firewall Group
If you are using Vultr firewall, You can select the firewall group from here.
If you do not have 43210 port enabled in your firewall group, you need to configure it to connect a server with ServerAvatar.
Step 10: Server Hostname and Label
You have to choose the hostname and the label for the server in this step. You can set the same hostname and label. They are used for identification purpose only.
Step 11: Deploy Now!
Finally, click on the Deploy Now button to create a server. It might take a minute or two to fully boot up your server. Once it is ready, You will see it in the Products section in Vultr.
Initial Server Configuration
The Initial server configuration includes installation and configuration of various packages required to host your website. Usually, You have to write commands and modify configuration files. Luckily, With ServerAvatar, Your full server configuration and optimisation can be automated.
Here are the three ways to automatically configure your server with ServerAvatar.
Connect a server using a direct method
- Login/Register to ServerAvatar account, click the Create button from the right side of the screen, and select Server from the dropdown.
- Select Direct Method in the serve connecting method section.
- Type the Server Name as per your choice.
- Select a Tech Stack as per your need. You can either select Apache, Nginx, or OpenLiteSpeed.
- Select a Database: MySQL or MariaDB.
- Enable the toggle if you want to install the latest LTS version of node.js on your server.
- Select a Management plan and click the Connect Now button.
- You’ll see the command on your screen. Login to your server using an ssh connection and execute that command as a root user.
- The server connection process will be started on your ServerAvatar account after executing the command.
Connect a server using integration
- Login/Register to your ServerAvatar account, navigate to the Integration tab from the sidebar of the panel, and access Cloud Platform from the dropdown.
- Now Select a cloud platform you want to link with ServerAvatar.
- The popup form will appear on your screen. Enter details to link your cloud provider account. The integration method is different based on the cloud provider you select.
- You can integrate five different cloud provider platforms with ServerAvatar, which is-
Check the above link of cloud platforms to know more about integrating cloud platforms with ServeAvatar.
Connect a server using commands
Step 1. Login to your server using root user
Once you create a server as per your requirements, connect to your server using an ssh connection and execute the below three commands as a root user in your server console area.
wget https://srvr.so/install chmod +x install ./install
Step 2. Select/ web server
It will ask you which web server you would like to install on your server: Apache, Nginx, or OpenLiteSpeed. Type anyone that you would like to install on your server and hit the enter button.
Step 3. Claim your server
Completing the process will give you a link to claim your server.
Open the link on your browser to access the ServerAvatar server panel.
Auto-install Prestashop with ServerAvatar
Step-1 Create a PHP application
On the server panel, access the Application tab from the sidebar and click the Create button like the image below.
Fill up the details, including the Application Name, Primary Domain name, and other Advanced Settings if required.
If you want to host PrestaShop e-commerce platform on your domain, then make sure to point your domain to the current IP address of your server, and for that:
Log in to your hosting provider site, where you buy your domain. You can check your domain information with one click.
Access DNS Manager to edit your DNS records(contact the support team if you don’t find them)
Change the IP address of A Record of your website to the current server’s IP address.
Click the Create Application button.
Step-2. Auto-install PrestaShop with ServerAvatar
Now on the application panel, click the Auto Deploy button from the sidebar.
Click the PrestaShop Auto Install card, as you can see in the above image.
It asks to enter PrestaShop details to deploy an application, which includes-
- Database Server: Select the server you want to host your database.
- Database Name: Enter the database name.
- PHP Version: Select the supported PHP version for Prestashop application
- First Name:Admin's first name
- Last Name: Admin last name
- Email: Admin email address. This email will be used in case you forget your password
- Password: Admin login password
Once you fill in all the details, click the Install Now button.
Step-3. Install SSL Certificates
Go to the application panel. Click the SSL Certificate tab from the sidebar.
You can also Force HTTP to HTTPS to redirect all your traffic to the secure connection.
Access the URL of your application on the browser and log in using admin credentials to use Prestashop admin panel.
That’s it. Now you can add your products and manage all your products on one dashboard.