There are a lot of people who are still trying to find the answer of this Question, “My Website is not that much huge, neither we are a big MNC or something, Why should I secure my website?” Well, the answer is that the hackers do not only target huge websites.
Today in this post, we would be covering Best WordPress Security Plugins to have in 2018. If that sounds interesting, let’s jump right into it. Should we?
Best WordPress Security Plugins
Before we get started, we wanna clear that this is not going to be a list of just free plugins. We would be including some paid plugins in this post as well.
Now, why should you invest in “paid” plugins? Think of your website as your brand new car. This is your asset and you wanna ensure that nothing goes wrong with it, Right? That’s why you get an insurance which is a further investment which gives you a sense of satisfaction. Similarly, with a “paid” worthy Security Plugin, you can ensure that your WordPress Website is safe and secure.
WordFence Security is one of the most popular Security Plugins for WordPress out there. The plugin has over 2 Million Active installs. WordFence Security Plugin provides some of the great security features.
For instance, this plugin can eliminate more than 44,000 known malware types from your website. Let us now take a look at some of the most important features of this Plugin.
- It comes with a Firewall which helps in failing the hacking attempts that might occur.
- It has a One-Click Scan feature which scans the whole WordPress Website and warns the user about the threats and risks.
- You can take a look at real-time information about the different traffic sources.
WordFence Security offers a lot of other features as well, like multi-site security, two-factor authentication and more. The WordFence Security Plugin is available for Free. Though to unlock all the features of this plugin, you would have to get the premium version.
If you are someone who is working on WordPress websites for a while now. Then, the chances are that you must have heard about the iThemes Security, formerly known as the Better WP Security.
The plugin offers some great ways using which you can ensure that your WordPress Website is safe and secure. Let us now take a look at some of the most important features of this Plugin.
- It has a two-way authenticator which ensures security from spammers.
- It has a regular malware scanning feature which helps in ensuring that there are no malwares on your WordPress Website.
- With iThemes Security, users can protect their WordPress Website from Brute Force Attack.
There are a lot of other features as well like wp-cli integration, automatic WordPress dashboard management and more. The Plugin is available for Free. Though to unlock all the features of this plugin, you would have to get the premium version.
All in One WP Security & Firewall
All In One WP Security & Firewall is another great Security Plugin for Wordpress. Now, one of the best thing about this plugin is that it is completely free. You don’t need to spend any amount in order to install or use features of this plugin.
So, if you are someone who is not willing to invest in a good security plugin for WordPress, then you should consider installing All In One WP Security & Firewall. Let us now take a look at some of the most important features of this Plugin.
- It monitors malicious login attempts. If there are some, then this plugin would provide you information like id/ password, date and time, and even the IP address of the user.
- It supports scheduled backups and email notifications, so you can ensure that your website is safe
- The Plugin has the firewall and can prevent attacks like XSS, Crawlers etc.
All In One WP Security & Firewall has a lot of other features as well. But since its free why don’t you install it and discover them on your own?
Download All in one WP Security & Firewall
Sucuri Security is another good security plugin for WordPress. Sucuri Security is a complete package which protects your site from malware, brute force attacks, and other vulnerabilities. With that being said, let us now take a look at some of the most important features of this Plugin.
- It has an Activity Audit Logging feature which analyzes the changes done with the Website.
- If offers File Integrity Monitoring and Malware Scanning to ensure that there are no threats or vulnerabilities.
- A notification is sent to the Admin in case of any security issues.
Sucuri Security is available for Free. Though to unlock all the features of this plugin like DoS/DDoS, Brute Force Attacks etc. You would have to get the premium version.
Conclusion: Every WordPress security plugins have its pros and cons. And, every WordPress website is different when it comes to Vulnerabilities and type of attacks possible. So, out of these 4 plugins, you can select the one that fits your WordPress the best!
If you have any question regarding this article or any of the plugins listed in this article, Feel free to comment down in the comment section. We will reply you with the solution or answer as soon as possible.